Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Polenta Lasagna

I cleaned out the fridge last night and created a miracle. I had leftover polenta from the night that we had ratatouille, leftover sauce from the whole-wheat mushroom pizza, and leftover mushroom-ricotta filling from Monday's attempt at ravioli.

The polenta had been stored in a square plastic container, and was thick enough to slice in half. I placed the bottom layer in a parchment lined baking pan. I then added a layer of sauce and a layer of mushroom-ricotta filling and placed the other layer of polenta in the pan. Then I smeared the top with more sauce and topped it with the last bit of fresh mozzarella I had. I cover the pan with foil and baked it for 45 minutes at 375 degrees.

It was delicious! What a triumph of leftover usage.

No comments: