Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Taco Night

After all my recent blabbing on Uberall about Mexican food and the lack there of, I finally decided to make some tacos at home. Although I generally like to make everything from scratch, there is something about the pre-packaged envelope of taco seasoning that I just can't resist.

Though it's probably the MSG I love, these taco taste to me exactly like what hard-shelled tacos are meant to be. They remind me of taco nights growing up, when my Mom would fill the lazy Susan with diced tomatoes, chopped onions, and grated Cheddar cheese. Later in life I would organize taco nights for my friends. By then I was a little gourmet in my leanings, complimenting the Old El Paso taco meat with homemade guacamole and salsa.

Like smells, certain tastes can bring back so many memories.

No comments: