Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Baked Fries

I'll admit it. I love fries. But, they are not something that I ever make at home. Instead I have a solution. A solution that I sometimes think is better then the real deal, and way better then frozen fries from the grocery store.

Here's how you too can make amazing baked fries at home:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut your potatoes into long sticks
3. Toss with olive oil; figure one-half to one tablespoon per potato
4. Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet
5. Sprinkle with salt
6. Bake until potatoes are lightly browned about 15 minutes
7. Remove pan from oven and flip fries with spatula, returning them to a single layer
8. Return to oven and back until they are golden brown on both sides, about another 10 minuets

Serve hot.

No comments: